Zany bars

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by SunshineLovePeace, Sep 2, 2005.

1. SunshineLovePeace

SunshineLovePeace all you need is love

Anyone tried these? Or even heard of em? Cuz lotsa ppl look at me funny when I say "I took a Zany bar." Its just a form of xanax in a little, thin bar that u break off into little peices. Its really good. But all it seems to do is make me sleep REALLY well (which is good cuz Im an insomniac and can never sleep, and when I do, its VERY restless) but I was just wonderin what effect it has on the ppl on here that have done it. Cuz I kinda get the feelin Im missin out on what its really offerin cuz I have friends that actually get fucked up off of them. Like actin funny and everythin. But that NEVER happens to me....

2. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

It's a benzo, classic depressant effects, ie kills anxiety makes you sleepy, feel like you're 'floating' etc...

3. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

well take two bars which is 4mg if you not feeling funny then your probably not human... or have insanly bad anxiety...

4. SunshineLovePeace

Well then I guess its doin its job cuz those are the things it does to me. I guess I just expected a lil more outta it. haha guess I got too high of expectations :p

5. SunshineLovePeace

oh really? i have only ever taken the one bar. guess i will double the dosage nxt time. thanks mayn.

6. nesta

nesta Banned

i dunno, the other day (my last day at my last job till i find a new one) my manager said she had some xanax and wanted to take one, but that she didn't want to be the only one doing it, so she offered me one for free. figured, what the hell....i took it. it was just one of the blue 1mg tablets. it was pretty nice though, i definitely did feel it, but double or triple may have been better. of course, i'd think that more than 3mg would put me to sleep real easily, so i wouldn't mess around with taking more than 2mg probably. btw, be careful with it. like all benzodiazapines, it can be both seriously mentally and physically addictive if you let yourself get into the habit of taking them often. there was a big deal with housewives getting prescribed them then having terrible, awful addictions with BAD withdrawals when they tried quitting them back in like the 60s and 70s...things like valium and what have you.

just use caution. i'd say don't take them regularly at all. i'm thinking about keeping maybe 4 or 5 in my stash box with my other drugs just in case i have a bad trip sometime. they'd be good to mellow you out in that situation, or better yet even put you to sleep. only for emergencies though.

7. Elle

Elle Senior Member

the first time i ever did xanys i took two bars and had no idea what i was in for....since all my friends would take them and drink,etc and be fine. the world was in slo mo that night. i kept on nodding out and then i drove myself home blastings pearl jam's Black over and over at 4am.[​IMG]

8. RxHEAD

RxHEAD Member

Good avise, and very much true. I been taking Valium daily for 12-years now. I (and the DR's) have tried to taper me down from 40mg daily of Valium and the Physical WD is horrible. Every time try to taper DR has to put me back to 40mg/d. Think I am on Valium for life.

The main reason Xanax is so addictive so easy is that it is a very fast acting and short half life. It hits you fast and in 4-6H it is gone. Benzos like Valium and Klonopin have long half life and build up in your system and stay in you for much longer and are not fast acting. I think Valium stays in your system for about 72-Hours.

Be careful with the 2mg Xanax, if you have no tolerance to benzo's that is a large dose in itself. 2mg 'Bars' is the strongest form it comes in.
    Peace Rxhead

9. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

use melotonin for sleeping. you can get it at any pharmacy and it's a lot safer thaan any prescription stuff and works better for me.

10. annabegins

annabegins Member

i second that. i used to be prescribed xanax, you can get addicted and it can seriously fuck up your life. I ended up addicted, and i didnt care about anything anymore, and it really took me a long time to get everything straightened out again. you shouldnt play around with benzo's. i know this cus ive been prescribed them for years and years cus i have horrible anxiety. not only can you end up addicted, the effects can actually make you seriously depressed if your not suppose to take them for medical reasons. i had a friend who started taking benzo's for fun, specifically kolonopin (which i take now), got addicted to them, and he ended up killing himself. AND doctors wont let you take xanax for more than 6 months at a time then you have to take something else. you can end up not knowing what went on that 6 months. which happened to me, and my aunt.

melotonin works too, if you need something to help you sleep, or go to the doc and get sleeping pills.

oh and one other thing about them, if you drink alchohol and take them, you have a very high risk of DYING. so please, dont drink and take them, its not worth it.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

melatonin is largely placebo the way most people use it. it has not been shown by the medical field to have any noticible effect whatsoever with a single dose. it is a neurotransmitter created in the pineal gland and it needs to build up over a period or time to have any effect, according to dr. rick strassman, who did quite a bit of research regarding melatonin. but then, if you believe very much that melatonin will make you sleepy, you may just find it easier to sleep after taking a pill with one. but it certainly won't give anybody the buzz that they get from a benzodiazapine. it definitely sounds more like this person wants to have a pleasant feeling rather than simply go to sleep.

if they are taking it as a sleep aid, however, most people will find a small dose of Diphenhydramine HCl (benedryl, unisom, simply sleep, sominex, allermax, etc.) should usually do the trick if you can't fall asleep. it's available over the counter at nearly all pharmacies. if you prefer a more "natural" route, you can always take valerian root, which will also help to put you to sleep quite well. i believe celestial seasonings has an herbal tea designed to help you sleep which has herbs traditionally thought to be calming or sleep inducing such as camomile, valerian, kava, and i think maybe some mint or some other things. some people says it really helps them sleep, but i don't know.

either way, its just a bad habit to get into popping pills. just because they are prescribed to people doesn't make them safe to use recreationally....

12. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I ate 90 Xanax bars in two day a couple of weekends ago. I bought them off of an internet pharmacy. I do not remember even three seconds of that entire weekend, but I'm sure that I had a shit load of fun. I originally bought them to sell so I could pay court fines. I planned to eat two or three of them but after I start I don't know how to stop. I was fucked up all weekend.